Consumer Information Disclosure: Prospective Buyers and Sellers: Preferred Properties represents both Buyers and Sellers through written Non-Designated agency agreements. Unless Preferred Properties and you enter into a written agreement for agency representation, you are a customer and not a client. There is no confidentiality between us until there is a signed brokerage service agreement.
Learn more by clicking on the following: Vermont Consumer Information Disclosure
Real Estate Listing Coordinator – Land and Recreational Property Division
New and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Preferred Properties is seeking a creative, outdoors type who loves hiking, ATV’s, photography, mapping and desktop publishing! Job entails visiting land and recreational property listings for photos, property details, town research, boundary and trail marking & drone photography. Back at the office position requires the creation of the detailed listing and data entry, mapping, photo manipulation and desktop publishing of brochures. Strong descriptive writing skills with excellent spelling and grammar. Many properties will require video and audio movie creation. Ability to manage properties on our proprietary websites. Interface with clients in a professional and patient manner. Dress is day specific, one day boots and Carhartt’s, the next day business professional. Approximately 1 day in the field for every 3 days in the office.
Strong photography skills including digital photo manipulation skills
Strong Adobe Desktop Publishing skills
Strong creative and descriptive writing skills with excellent grammar and spelling. Ability to proofread in detail.
Ability to concentrate for long lengths of time for detailed data entry
Familiarity with video creation software and sound editing
Ability to follow check lists and communicate with the team
Own 4 x 4 or AWD vehicle for travel throughout Vermont (Paid Mileage)
Ability to ride ATV’s, UTV’s and Snowmobiles
Ability to work outside in inclement weather
Ability to walk and hike difficult terrain
Strong desire and ability learn new skills, update technologies, improve procedures and increase quality of our listings
Normal hours are 8 am to 5 pm (40 hours) but candidate must be flexible to begin early and stay late due mainly to extended drive times. But, total hours are generally not greater than 40 per week.
Desired skills or the ability to learn quickly:
Basic understanding of common forestry practices
Ability to fly a photo drone and receive FAA drone license
Understanding of mapping, GPS and compass skills and use of mapping software
Currently have or ability to obtain Vermont and New Hampshire Real Estate Licenses
Basic maintenance and upkeep of ATV’s and other equipment
Understanding of land development including wells, septic, zoning, utilities and building construction
Knowledge of Fish & Wildlife laws, wetlands, hunting & gun laws and recreational vehicle rules
Town/property document research skills
Full Time Position
Base pay with listing sales profit share (Approx. $30,000 p/y with growth potential)
When licensed, ability to earn commission as Buyers Agent during weekend and off hours adding significantly to above total yearly income.
Limited overtime pay
Logo work wear
RE License, association fees and associated expenses
Advancement potential to territory sales
If interested please email your resume with cover letter.
Contact: Curtis Trousdale
with our No Commitment Listing Agreement
We are so confident in our experience and efforts that we put it in writing —if you are not satisfied with our services for any reason – FIRE US! No hidden fees, no hidden buyout, no hassle. You are in control—the way it should be!
The IMPACT MARKETING SYSTEM TM sets Preferred Properties apart from other agencies.
It is a calculated methodology in how to position your property in the current market, build a comprehensive marketing package, provide the broadest range of marketing exposure and of course, negotiate for the best terms on the sale of your property. Any agent can list your property in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), but only Barb and Curtis Trousdale from Preferred Properties will make an IMPACT—Before, During and After the sale.
Overview of the
IMPACT MARKETING SYSTEM TM
Before the Sale
• Positioning Appointment – It is crucial to design a customized marketing plan specific to your property so as to expertly position it for the current market. This is the most imperative step in the process of selling; the most difficult for a seller to hear to and sometimes comprehend, and the step most often failed by other agencies. During this consultation, we’ll conduct a “Property Positioning Analysis” to identify how to price and market your property, as well as pinpoint your individual goals and needs.
• Straight Talk Review – We will have an in-depth discussion about what your goals are, with a realistic view of what is right for you and how we can help you successful in achieving them. We’ll help you stage your property, create tasks to stay on track during the selling process, and facilitate the smoothest possible transaction.
• Vendor Connections – Based on your review, we’ll dive into our large network of Preferred Vendors to help you select the right professionals whom you may require during your sale. It serves as an added bonus to know that these are all people that we have a positive business history with, so you can rest assured that we aren’t blindly recommending someone from the yellow pages.
During the Sale
• Expert Exposure – With 20+ years of combined experience in real estate marketing, Barb and Curtis Trousdale know how to successfully expose your home to qualified buyers who are actively looking and ready to purchase. Our full time Marketing Systems Specialist and Listing Systems Specialist are experts in creating dynamic marketing materials, syndicating your listing to literally 1000’s of the best real estate search sites, spreading the word through social media, YouTube and sites such as Craigslist. Additionally, more than any other agency, we are experts at using the local REALTOR network and MLS to the fullest. What this all adds up to is the greatest marketing exposure IMPACT you can have.
• Seamless Listing Process – One of the keys to the Impact Marketing SystemTM is a proprietary 95 point marketing check list system which guarantees your property receives every resource we provide. The process, from start to finish, is overseen daily by our Management Systems Specialist.
• Constant Contact and Market Assessment – Having your property on the market can be stressful, but with Barb and Curtis Trousdale as your backbone, you can rest easy knowing that they are committed to handling every detail and will stay in constant, direct contact with you. They continually monitor and assess your property’s marketing statistics and offer strategies to react to market demands.
• Experienced Negotiations – Barb and Curtis Trousdale are trained negotiators performing as team 10 times the number of transactions as the average Vermont Realtor. When they have a buyer or multiple buyers who wish to purchase your property, they have the knowledge, talent, and experience to effectively negotiate the best terms for the ideal outcome for you.
• Satisfaction Guaranteed with our No Commitment Listing Agreement – We are so confident in our experience and efforts that we put it in writing —if you are not satisfied with our services for any reason – FIRE US! No hidden fees, no hidden buyout, no hassle. You are in control—the way it should be!
After the Sale
• The Long Haul –Our service doesn’t end at the closing table! Many agents collect their check and dash away, never to be heard from again. Even worse, some agents don’t attend the closing; only the Broker you have never met does! With Barb and Curtis Trousdale, they remain in contact with you and promise that they are always just a phone call or email away should you ever have any questions or concerns post-sale. They pride themselves in helping their clients with post sales consulting such as:
- Home improvements and their impact on future value
- Current Market Value evaluation for refinancing
- Guidance with property tax reduction through the town grievance process
- Notary services and much more…
As a consumer, how often do you hear the term “Satisfaction Guaranteed”? You can hardly go anywhere without being informed about why shopping or dining in a particular place is foolproof because they promise you’ll be pleased with their services or products.
With over 20 years of combined experience in real estate, Curtis and Barb Trousdale, the Broker/Owners of Preferred Properties, understand the importance of safeguarding their Buyer-Clients’ purchases, while effectively meeting their specific needs. That is why they came up with the well-structured, Buyer Protection Plan, which outlines the services that are offered to every Buyer-Client working with Preferred Properties during the stages of a purchase:
Overview of the
Buyer Protection Plan
Before the purchase
• Agent Match – We believe in QUALITY over quantity, meaning that you are NOT just a number to us! We won’t just pass you on to our newest rookie agent; we’re going to get to know you and make sure that you are placed with the perfect REALTOR who possesses the specific tools and expertise to effectively guide you through the process, from start to finish.
• Real Review – We will have an in depth discussion about what your goals are, with a realistic review of what is right for you, and how we can make you successful in achieving them. We’ll help you create tasks to stay on track during the buying process,and help facilitate the smoothest possible transaction.
During the Sale
• Skilled Expertise – We have over 20 combined years of knowledge in property searches and contract writing, with expert negotiation skills to effectually produce the best possible outcome for you. We also have the tools necessary to take care of all the details in your specific buying transaction, making sure nothing is left out or neglected.
• Agent Switch or Easy Out – We are so confident in our experience and efforts - if you don’t like us, you can fire us! Should you be unhappy with the agent you are working with at any point during your transaction, you can choose to either work with a different REALTOR in our firm, or exercise your right to terminate our services altogether based on the “24-Hour Easy-Out Agreement”.
After the Sale
• The Long Haul – Your service doesn’t end at the closing table! Many agents collect their check and dash away, barely to be heard from again. With Preferred Properties, we will remain in contact with you and promise that we are always just a phone call or email away should you ever have any questions or concerns.
• Satisfaction Guarantee – As rare as it is, if for some reason you are unhappy with your purchase during the first calendar year of ownership, we will gladly place your property on the market without charging you a selling side commission. We believe in making things right!
Preferred Properties is a team of Williston Vermont realtors committed to excellence. We bring integrity, clarity and expertise to every transaction. Our deep industry knowledge and local and state-wide connections make every transaction a satisfying experience. Our unique sensitivity to our client's needs coupled with expert negotiation skills consistently produces successful and timely results.
We serve all of Vermont with specialties in residential, land and recreational second home markets. Our insightful and powerful trademarked Impact Marketing System is the foundation of our success. Let us help you find Chittenden County real estate, as well as Franklin County and Grand Isle County real estate.
For our clients selling land, waterfront, second homes and all other recreational properties, our exclusive affiliation with the national recreational property sales powerhouse of LandLeader offers the broadest marketing solution in this arena.
Our motto of “Straight Talk, Real Results” drives our business. We get the deal done for you. Buying or selling, we have a reputation for being trusted advisers in complex environments. Contact us now for your personal confidential consultation.